Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reset Button

Apathy. That is the disease I suffer from currently and although I am lucky, I definitely am, I am toast with being an Emergency Room RN. I am through with getting spit on, smacked, cussed at and treated like dirt by the self entitled masses that enter through the front lobby doors. My patient last week had a loaded Glock sitting between his legs. Another patient spit in my face earlier this month--oh, did I mention he has AIDS? oh, AND TB? oh, and THE POOREST DENTAL HYGIENE on the face of this Earth, my biggest worry was developing a staph infection in my eyeballs. The patient across from Mr. Aids had a Swastika on his chest --not a small one, one the size of a dinner plate---he was wearing "White Power" rings and when I woke him up to get him discharged, he told me to "fuck off." I had to round up all of the men in the department and then physically push him into a wheelchair to get him out the door. My work record for being called a "c*nt" is 6 minutes. YES, in SIX minutes into a 12 hour shift, a meth head called me a "c*nt" , however this is not a surprise, it actually happens almost every shift I work, the 6 minutes into the shift was the new record. This job continually bombards me with these insults, physical assaults, psychological insults.. it slowly created a once altruistic, empathic woman into one that is cynical, untrusting and apathetic---I'm toast. Sooo...... a life reset is in order........

No comments:

Post a Comment